Here is a once in a lifetime opportunity!
First production for CTG 2022
From a great line up season and the first time to … (Watch this space!) Production name cannot be revealed till our launch 27.11.2021.
But … we want you to get excited and ready to audition. Dates for audition and season listed, any questions contact Director; and please read COVID requirements.
Based on a true story from a well-known Australian playwright, it is a scrumptious mix of uniquely created characters and comic dialogue with each of the five quirky female roles endearing and enjoyable in their recognisability.
Penny has come home to her smalltown hometown as a GP and despite having no airs and graces or big city ways it’s going to be a struggle to fit back in…of course. the place has changed but refugees like Rania seem to fit right in. Leading the “keep our traditions” brigade are Barb and Bev, the long serving, and only active members of the Committee. There are only women’s faces on stage but a cross-gender appeal in the production.
Auditions will be held at the
Chelmer Community Hall
cnr Queenscroft and Halsbury Streets, Chelmer
Saturday 04 December at 2pm
- Bev Armstrong – 60s Show society President, mother of Nikki, does not suffer fools, tough, cantankerous, long-time supporter of women’s rights
- Barbara Ling – 60s Show society Secretary, aunt to Nikki and Penny, people pleaser
- Rania Hamid – 30-45 refugee, new to town, artist, friend to Nikki, dresses artistically, comfortable in her own skin, single mother
- Nikki Armstrong – 38-45 Cousin to Penny, local champion, hairdresser, out-there 80’s dresser, daughter of Bev, part time waitress at pub, four sons
- Penny Anderson – 38-45 GP recently returned to her country town home after a long time away, lesbian
Please contact Director Rhyll 0414 816 976 or firstname.lastname@example.org
COVID INFORMATION – AUDITION
• Check in using the Check in Qld app. If you don’t have access to the app please see one of our volunteers
• Masks must be worn in foyer. Once seated in the Hall masks can be removed
• Please do not come to the audition if you are not well
• Maintain physical distancing
COVID INFORMATION – PRODUCTIONS
Centenary Theatre Group has determined that COVID immunisation is mandatory for all cast and crew. COVID Immunisation Information (including exceptions) must be provided if you are selected to be part of this production. Immunisation information will be collected and stored in accordance with the Privacy Act. Your consent to provide this information is included on the audition form.